Goal: The goal of the New Vision Church Scholarship Program is to provide educational funding support to active members of New Vision Church.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship is awarded each year based on availability of funds. These awards are presented to students of all ages, displaying academic excellence, community service, and financial need. The scholarship is awarded after a competitive screening process. Disbursement of funds will be provided after proof of enrollment is established.
- Must be an active member of New Vision Church
- Must already be accepted into an undergraduate, graduate or vocational program. Candidate may demonstrate they are enrolling for the upcoming fall semester.
- At least one recent applicant headshot (graduate photo or other appropriate picture)for use in New Vision upcoming publications. Photos will not be returned.
- Completed application and Essay
- Transcript (High School or College)
- Signed note from a New Vision Ministry Leader recognizing active participation.
- Applicants must submit two references (excluding relatives). References should be on official organization, church, business or school letterhead. Examples of possible references include: School teachers, church leaders, community leaders, employer supervisors, etc.
- Statement of Need (Optional) – Applicants may submit a narrative statement of why financial assistance is necessary.
Criteria for Selection of Scholarship Awards
High School Seniors
- A minimum academic high school grade point average of 2.7 (B-) or above.
- In addition to academics, all applicants (undergraduate and graduate) may be considered for other special qualifications such as: leadership, athleticism, community service and work done in New Vision ministries.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.7 (B-) or above. Graduate students must have a 3.2 average or higher.
- In addition to academics, all applicants (undergraduate and graduate) may be considered for other special qualifications such as: leadership, athleticism, community service and work in New Vision ministries.
Special Note: Applicants must submit all required documents in an organized binder. A cover page will need to be placed in the front of the binder that includes the applicant’s full name, educational status (high school, college or vocational), current participation in New Vision ministries, and contact information.
The New Vision Scholarship Team will review all applications and notify applicants of their status. The recipients will be recognized at our annual Graduate Sunday Program. Applicants will receive additional information prior to the event regarding appropriate attire, location, dates and time.